As of 2017, the School of Music’s Policies are:
Attendance: Students are expected to attend classes weekly for success. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled time, we will help you find another time that works.
Absence: 25 hours notice is required to reschedule a class. Classes that are canceled with less than 24 hours notice cannot be rescheduled. Rescheduled lessons must be taken before the last day of the student’s current plan. (For example: If the student’s plan expires on June 12th, the make-up lesson must be taken before that date This may require the student to take two lessons in one week.) Teacher absences can be rescheduled or given as credits towards future classes.
Billing: All plans are set to autobill. This means the plan with automatically be renewed on its expiration date. To opt out of this, please contact the school before your next bill date.
Cancellation: To cancel enrollment, please contact the school. Cancellation must be completed 7 days prior to the next regularly rescheduled class.
School Closings: Closings are posted online at http://www.TheSchoolofMusic.net.
Permissions: You grant parents and the school to take pictures/videos at events (such as recitals) for their use.
Refunds: All enrollment plans are Non-Refundable.
1) For monthly rentals, rentals will be automatically renewed at end of each rental period.
2) For School year rentals, 9 month and 3 month options exist. Late returns are charged $5 .00 per day beyond the due dates.
3) Coverage can be obtained that covers cost of repairs during rentals. Coverage will cover common repairs and even theft once a police report has been filed.
4) If lost, the full new manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) for any item included in the rental will be due (minus credit for rental).
5) If you would like to purchase your instrument, your rental fee (not coverage) can be applied towards the purchase of any items’ MSRP.
6) Rent is a non-refundable purchase.
7) Proper maintenance of items is required unless otherwise noted during a rental.
1) Seven day return option for items when returned in original condition.
2) Sales of Discount, Sale, Clearance, or Craigslist items are final.
3) Enrollment and rentals are non-refundable services.
1331 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852