Services from the School of Music
Visit OUR STORE for deals on great, instruments, accessories, and gift certificates.
OVER NIGHT WORK Monday-Friday for most items. Free estimates. We can do all types of repairs on premises and overnight. Our on-staff technician and renowned luthier Walt Johns work together to provide quick and affordable repairs. Walk-ins accepted.
Electric/Acoustic Guitar or Bass
Basic to complex work such as refretting can be done. Some Common Repairs and their prices:
- Single string replacement and tuning: $8.00
- All Strings replaced and tuned: $15
- Intonation adjustment: $15
- Truss Rod adjustment: $15
- Pick-up height adjustment: $15
- String height adjustment: $15
- Electronic cleaning: $15
- Pick-up Install: $30.00 Gibson, $37 Fender style
- Full custom set up: $60.00
(+$20 Floyd Rose Bridged Guitars)
- Peg Shaping $15
- Peg hole ream $15
- Sound Post Reset $15
- Restring $15
- Bridge adjust $15
- Bridge shaping $35
Cork Replacement: Per tendon $15
- Bent or Sticking Valves $10 up
- General Cleaning $10 up
- Clean/Oil/Slight adjustments to sliding parts $10
- Priced Per Unit and Severity of Repair
Key, Valve adjustments $15 up
– Sanitize mouthpiece
– General inside cleaning (not a chemical bath)
– Polish Outside
– Clean locks
– Minor Re-alignment of slide if needed
– Minor dent removal if needed
Starting at $89.99 per school year for most instruments. Monthly and Tri-Monthly rentals also available!
School Year (9 Month) Rental Prices:
- $89.99 for guitar, bass, violin, viola, trumpet, flute, Trombone, and clarinet
- $179.99 for Alto Sax
- $250.00 Tenor or Soprano Sax/French Horn
- Cornets, Baritones, Euphoniums and more available.
- Damage coverage is available beginning at $5 per month
All instruments are brand new, Meet or surpass National Music Educator (MENC) requirements and are set up in the USA.. You do not need to be enrolled at our school to rent. Price list as of Jan 2015
Better yet, No Credit Checks and No intrusive applications!
BONUS: Rentals come with Free Name Tags, Folders, Music Supply Bags, and 10% off all accessories.
Moreover, your rental can be applied to the retail price of your item!
Practice Room Rentals
Our studios are also available for rental when available. Perfect for those with noise concerns at home or those who do not have access to instruments. All equipment is at your disposal.
- Free room use for all current students
- $10 an hour for single non-student rehearsal
- $50 an hour private instructor use
Please Contact Us:
The School of Music
1331-S Rockville Pike
Rockville Md 20852